Filling Workers Compensation Claim

Contact Munawar & Andrews-Santillo LLP (‘Mlawfirm’) for Free consultation at (212)-400-4000 or email at

A workers compensation claim lawyer at Mlawfirm can file a claim for workers compensation benefits as soon as you become injured on the job or develop an illness that is related to your work. In fact, delaying filing for workers’ comp benefits after you’ve become sick or injured can pose a distinct disadvantage and potentially allow a workers’ compensation insurance carrier to deny the worker compensation benefits.

Following are the necessary steps you should take if you are injured at work.

  1. Notify Your Employer

You must notify your employer that you had an accident. The law requires it to be in writing and should be done within thirty days (30) of the injury. However, if you are taken by ambulance or the employer was otherwise aware, the writing requirement will often be excused. If you develop an occupational disease or condition, then you must notify your employer when you learn of that condition. REMEMBER – try to notify your employer in writing, by email, in a letter or file an incident report as soon as possible!

  1. Seek Medical Care Immediately

You MUST seek medical care immediately. Even if you don’t believe the injury is that bad, seek medical care as soon as practical. If you do not, and your condition gets worse, then it may be difficult to prove you injured yourself. Don’t be brave, be smart. You can always seek medical care and only follow up if you feel it is necessary. However, every workers compensation claim is based on medical evidence that links your condition to your work accident.

  1. Speak to a Workers Compensation Claim Attorney

It is important to have a workers compensation claim attorney to file a claim because the insurance industry has an army of attorneys whose sole purpose is to keep costs down for insurance companies, that is not pay benefits to claimants. You should speak to a workers compensation claim attorney sooner, rather than later. Also, workers compensation claim attorneys fees are set by Law Judges and only awarded if money is actually awarded to you. Call Mlawfirm at (212)-400-4000 immediately to file all necessary forms to the workers comp board on your behalf at NO COST TO YOU!

  1. File a Claim with the Workers’ Compensation Board

Even after notifying your employer and seeking medical care you need to file a claim with the workers compensation board, Form C-3. This is the Agency that will handle all matters related to your claim and decide what benefits you are entitled to, if any.

Our workers compensation claim lawyers fight aggressively and is passionately dedicated to each and every one of our clients. We ensure that our client is treated fairly and for that purpose we are committed in doing everything possible to get them the results that they deserve for their work injury.

Call: 212-400-4000 For FREE Consultation with a New York City Work Injury Lawyer and to Protect your Rights!